The Behavioral Health Alignment Team is seeking proposals for workshops on Social Emotional Learning and topics related to SEL to be featured during our annual SEL Conference. Over 700 attendees are expected and will include local and national delegations of schoolteachers, principals, counselors, community members, nonprofit directors, mental health providers, parents, and more.
The 2016 conference will span TWO DAYS: Thursday, July 14 (8am to 4pm), and Friday, July 15 (8am to 12:30pm).
Workshop session schedules will be as follows:
THURSDAY, July 14
10:30 - 11:30 Workshop Session A
11:45 - 12:45 Workshop Session B
1:45 - 2:45 Workshop Session C
3:00 - 4:00 Workshop Session D
FRIDAY, July 15
10:15 - 11:15 Workshop Session E
11:30 - 12:30 Workshop Session F
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 3, 2016
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: no later than June 20, 2016
- Priority will be given to workshops that address one or more of the following topics:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)/toxic stress, and their effects on brain development, behavior, and student achievement
- The promotion and development of trauma-informed schools, communities, and workplaces
- The relationship between school climate/connectedness and student achievement
- Presenters may not advertise, sell, or market any programs or materials to attendees. Workshops are intended to be deep-dives into specific topics.
- Workshops must support the CASEL Core Competencies of SEL as well as the Pyramid Model of SEL.
- Gearing your workshop toward a specific audience is encouraged and can be specified on the proposal form to the right.
- Workshops can be either 1 or 2 hours long.
- You will be presenting workshops to a maximum of 30 people (or classroom capacity).
- Be prepared to present on either Thursday or Friday, or both days if you are able to. The Behavioral Health Team will try to accommodate specific day requests on a first-come/first-served basis but cannot guarantee every request will be honored.
- Be prepared to offer workshops twice (or more, if presenting on both days). Depending on space, 1-hour workshops may be scheduled during sessions A and B or C and D, and 2-hour workshops may be scheduled during sessions A-B and C-D.
- If you would like to submit more than one workshop for review, please submit a separate proposal for each.
- Presenters will need to bring their own computers for digital presentations and speakers for sound if showing video.
- Digital presentations are encouraged, and projectors will be available in every classroom.
- Handouts, printed slides, flipcharts, notepads, pens or other accessories are welcomed.
- Learning activities are welcomed and encouraged.
- You will receive a Presenter Info Sheet with all logistical and setup details prior to the event, including your scheduled slots, classroom assignment, and technical assistance information. See Presenter FAQ for more.
SEL Conference Workshops 2016
Thank you for your interest in the 2016 SEL Conference!
"SEL Conference" and "Social Emotional Learning Conference" are trademarks of Alignment Nashville.
©2016 Alignment Nashville